If you have a website or blog and it runs on WordPress technology, then congratulations! You’ve chosen one of the most powerful platforms available.
But how do you (or your team or your VA) actually get to learn to use it? Yes, there is plenty of free material available on the web to help you, but instead you could save yourself a lot of time and searching by taking my WordPress Training Sessions which OKSO runs via phone or skype talking you through step-by-step at your pace and level of learning.
Session 1 – Getting Started
- Using WordPress on your own domain (url)
- the WordPress dashboard – overview
- Creating & publishing your first post
- Formatting your posts
- Writing headlines
- Brainstorming what to write about
- Creating your own blog post schedule
Session 2 – Expanding your Site – Creating Pages
- The difference between Pages & Posts
- Planning your site
- Creating more pages
- Writing the About Me/About Us page
- Tags & Categories
- Adding Widgets
- Fun with Tagclouds
Session 3 – Adding Rich Media & Adding Content Quickly
- Making your site media rich
- Embedding video & audio
- Finding video content
- Adding RSS feeds & links
- How to write a post when you haven’t got time
- Interlinking posts
Session 4 – Making it Visually Rich – Photographs & Images
- Adding your own photos
- Adding stock photos
- Getting photos & images ready for your site – file size & compression
- Image editing & improvement
- Copyright & sharing
MOB: +44 758 360 5441, TEL: 0208 480 0093
Alternatively, please complete the form below and we’ll get straight back to you…
Comments and questions are welcome.
If you have completed OKSO’s WordPress 101 Starter Training Package you may be interested in furthering your knowledge and skills with our 201 Advances Sessions. CLICK HERE for details.
This entry was posted on Monday, May 30th, 2011 at 1:08 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.